Duration: 01. 11. 2020 – 31. 05. 2023
Project reference: 2020-1-SE01-KA201-078005
Teachers have a profound impact on student motivation Instead of technical, teacher-centered, direct instructions that will suppress inquiry-based learning, our project builds on student-centered instructions to shape the students’ mindset towards the belief that their own initiatives matter – a growth mindset. By helping students to develop a growth mindset, teachers make teaching – and learning – more effective. Growth mindset students request better feedback and have better learning orientation. They also show grit more often and thus persist longer.
This project is an upgrade of the previous successful project MindSet Go! – where the partners developed lesson plans based on a growth mindset. The MindSetGo! 2.0 aims higher as we want to change the culture and learning environment at schools and also have an impact on parents. Teacher trainers and partner schools from Sweden, Slovenia, Spain, Romania and Reunion cooperate.
We address the need for developing students’ growth mindset holistically by offering accessible, free of charge, inspirational material in a European context:
- guidelines for a growth mindset school culture;
- a well-designed practice-driven and evidence-based MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) for teachers’ continuous professional development;
- a digital hands-on toolkit collection for cultivating a growth mindset in the classroom;
- slides and a workshop design for parents;
- community of practice compendium with a collection of growth mindset projects with students.
The role of STEP Institute
We are creating an inspiring MOOC for teachers to help them in cultivating a growth mindset in their classroom. We also contribute to other parts of the project. We are especially proud of organizing the 13th Pan-European Conference on Digital Education, in which growth mindset was the main topic. Partners got an opportunity to present their work with students.