This website is managed by the STEP Institute, Rimska 6, 1000 Ljubljana, e-mail: email@example.com.
We use strict organizational and technical procedures to secure the data we collect. We use them to prevent the disclosure of obtained data or unauthorized access to them. We maintain their authenticity and accuracy and ensure appropriate use.
What data do we collect or process and how long do we keep it?
The storage of cookies is under the full control of the browser you use. The browser always offers you more options for managing cookies and thus your information. It warns you when it wants to save a cookie and allows you to reject a particular cookie or to approve it only partially. Cookies ensure a friendly user experience of the website and help in easier navigation of the website. They also enable faster and easier interaction between the website and the user. If the cookie is temporary, it works until you close the current browser window. Other cookies have a specific duration (minutes, days, months, years…). You can restrict, block, disable or delete any cookie yourself at any time. You do this in the settings of the browser you are using. In no case do cookies transmit information from your hard drive or use more information than you allow.
What cookies do we use?
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||mandatory||180 days||This cookie is mandatory and is used to store the user’s cookie preferences.|
|pll_language||mandatory||1 year||Stores language settings|
|viewed_cookie_policy||mandatory||180 days||A cookie with which we remember the choice regarding cookies.|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||mandatory||180 days||Records the default button state of the corresponding category and the CCPA status. It only works with the primary cookie.|
2. IP Address: An IP address is a number that locates the computer from which the user accesses the website. Access to websites is recorded for the purpose of verifying illegal activities. If the system determines that you do not carry out any activities that would endanger the operation of the website, the IP address is immediately deleted.
3. Your contact information that you provide to us yourself: If you contact us via the contact form on the website or by e-mail, we process your personal information, such as your first and last name, if you have entrusted them to us, and your e-mail address. We process data exclusively for the purpose of processing your message, which you sent to us via the contact form. We keep them until your request or question is resolved, then we delete them within 3 months. The basis for such processing is our legitimate interest, as this is the only way we can answer your question.
You can also order our service via the form. In this case, submitting the form means establishing or requesting the establishment of a contractual relationship with us. Such processing of personal data is therefore based on such a “contractual relationship” or “request” to enter such a relationship. In case of placing an order, we will keep your personal data for five years from the performance of the service, after which we will delete it within one year. We justify such storage with our legitimate interest, as we need the data in the case of your or our legal claims from your order, which expire five years after the execution of the order.
Other users of your personal data
We use your personal data exclusively for the purpose for which you have entrusted it to us. Our website is hosted by Erpium d.o.o., which is our current internet service provider and which acts in the role of i. “contractual processor” or “processor” of this data. We have a contract with them, according to which they are obliged to use your personal data exclusively on our behalf and to ensure their protection in accordance with the applicable regulations and our instructions. Your personal data may also be processed by other natural or legal persons who provide us with usual support services (providers of Internet communication services, IT services, etc.).
Data transfer outside the EU
The operation of this website is supported by service providers (hosting, IT maintenance) who may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area, such as e.g. Squareup International Ltd, Google LTD, USA. We have concluded standard offers with providers that include standard contract clauses of the European Commission.
Your rights regarding the protection of personal data
Anyone whose data we process has the following rights:
– the right to access personal data;
this means that you have the right to check whether the STEP Institute is processing your personal data and, in this case, also the right to access this data and certain information about its processing (e.g. the purpose of the processing, the expected retention period, etc.)
– the right to correct inaccurate or complete incomplete data
– the right to request restriction of processing
– the right to delete personal data (if the prescribed conditions are met)
– the right to transfer personal data, i.e. you have the right to request that your personal data, which you have provided, be written out and forwarded to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or forwarded to another controller.
If the processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest and you believe that your interest, taking into account your specific situation, prevails over our interest, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider your case individually.
If you have any further questions or if you wish to exercise any of your rights above, please send a written request to email@example.com.
After receiving your request, we will process your request individually.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with the Information Commissioner of the Republic of Slovenia (Information Commissioner, Dunajska cesta 22, 1000 Ljubljana, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ljubljana, 14 March 2023