Duration: 01. 03. 2021 – 28. 02. 2023
Project reference: 2020-1-DE03-KA226-SCH-093714
Constant changes in education (like digital teaching) demand new approaches. One of them is growth mindset theory. With a growth mindset it is easier to accommodate new skills and improve existing competencies. It leads to personal and professional growth, better teaching methods and more constructive work with parents.
GrowMET project aims to empower teachers when dealing with changes and teaching challenges. It shows how to learn from mistakes, provide constructive feedback, develop more efficient beliefs and open mind for new experiences and skills. Through growth mindset principles we target one of the most pressing issues in the educational landscape across Europe: transition of teaching and learning from the traditional face-to-face setting into the modern digital realm.
This project has five goals that we aim to achieve with teamwork and experimentation:
1. improving teachers’ self-efficacy regarding their digital skills
2. better usage of digital tools by students through growth mindset methods
3. improving the acceptance of digital tools among parents
4. broaden the support for a growth mindset at schools
5. developing a practical growth mindset model for digital teaching.
The partnership consists of partners from Spain, Germany, Italy, Romania and Slovenia.
– four intellectual outputs (IO) that bring growth mindset principles to the whole educational
triangle (teachers, parents, students), including a growth mindset model for digital teaching.
– two short-term joint staff training events for the project partners (Train – the – trainer event
for growth mindset, Interactive workshop for the design of growth mindset model).
– one central multiplier event titled “Promoting growth mindset in the educational triangle” in
– five multiplier events titled “Best practices: growth mindset in digital education” (one in each
– Pan European conference on the growth mindset activities in digital education.
– four transnational project meetings, one of them as a virtual meeting.
Role of STEP Institute
STEP Institute leads development of the first intellectual output that is dealing with teachers’ mindset. It coordinates partners’ work in creation of the blended teaching on growth mindset in digital education. STEP will implement a train-the-trainer workshop and organize a Pan European
conference on the growth mindset activities in digital education.