Duration: 1. 3. 2023 – 1. 3. 2025
Project reference: 2022-2-ES02-KA220-YOU-000096446
The GREEN UP YOURSELF project aims to promote entrepreneurship and employability of young people living in rural areas in Europe, through training in green and entrepreneurial skills, as well as through the promotion of green entrepreneurship.
The Objectives that are expected to be achieved after the completion of the “Green Up Yourself” project are:
● Identify training needs, green employment niches and good practices related to green employment in the European Union,
● Develop a training programme and innovative digital tools for the promotion of green skills and entrepreneurship for young people,
● Train professionals working with young people in green and entrepreneurial skills for young people,
● Promote the employability of unemployed young people, located in rural areas of the European Union, through training in green skills, promotion and awareness of green employment opportunities,
● Promote networking at European level, and support other entities working to improve the labour insertion of vulnerable groups and the promotion of green employment,
● Raise awareness among the population of the European Union on issues related to employment and green entrepreneurship, and emerging market niches in rural areas.
• Research on employment niches and training needs of young people living in rural areas, in terms of
employment and green entrepreneurship.
• Creation of a Training Module on employment and green entrepreneurship.
• Creation of a Virtual Learning Platform for the promotion of the green employment and entrepreneurship.
• Training for young people and professionals to pilot the tools developed.
• Development of an awareness campaign on this subject in the EU.
The role of STEP Institute
STEP is in charge of the “Piloting and testing of the learning platform”. The piloting workshops will help to test the developed materials, and in this way gather the necessary information to adjust them to the needs and different socio-cultural contexts in which youth workers and young people in the participating countries find themselves.