Duration: 1. 10. 2017 – 30. 9. 2019
Project reference: 2017-1-DE02-KA202-004253
Project website: https://www.creatorerasmusplus.com/
»Fostering entrepreneurship education in VET schools through practical approach and cooperation with local economy«
Erasmus+ CREATOR project encouraged entrepreneurial mindset and education of VET students and teachers. Project activities put a special emphasis on strengthening entrepreneurial skills as one of the key competencies of students. Teaching entrepreneurship was based on practical approach: students worked on real business cases and challenges and cooperated with local companies and entrepreneurs. First step was to equip teachers with knowledge and skills to teach entrepreneurship. Next step was creation of project teacher teams at participating schools in Slovenia, Italy, Germany, Romania and Croatia. Teachers then worked with students to offer mentorship and guidance in the development of business ideas and creation of canvas business models. Teams of students created 25 prototypes for their business ideas and challenges.
Outputs of the project
- Guidelines for experiential teaching of entrepreneurship based on interviews with experts in partnership countries
- Learning materials and implementation of face-to-face training
- Handbook for experiential teaching of entrepreneurship (for teachers and students in 6 languages)
- Compendium of all entrepreneurial projects
- Study of effects of experiential teaching of entrepreneurship on entrepreneurial competencies of VET teachers and students.
Partnership consists of partners from Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Romania and Croatia.
The role of STEP Institute
We were responsible for the development of learning materials, implementation of face-to-face training and creation of a handbook for teachers and students. We were lead partner in creation of the guidelines for experiential teaching of entrepreneurship. Our team cooperated in all project activities and we were in charge of organization of multiplier event in Slovenia.