Duration: 1. 9. 2016 – 1. 2. 2019
Project reference: 2016-1-NO01-KA204-022071
Project website: http://www.basicskillsinworkinglife.no/
Projects is dealing with basic skills of low-skilled employees in the companies that are facing demand for new skills as a result of technological change and new production methods. The lack of basic skills in reading, writing, arithmetic and ICT make it difficult for workers with low education to undertake the necessary formal training that is needed to avoid exclusion from the labor market.
Project wants to share experiences with other providers, branches and countries in Europe, but also to see if the experience is relevant for training providers, companies and employees in other European countries. One of the main outcomes of our project is to investigate what factors are most important to prepare workers with poor basic skills to be able to obtain a formal vocational qualification. Project performs practical training projects in different branches / companies in each participating country.
Partnership consists of partners from Norway, Austria, Portugal, UK, Italy and Slovenia.
Outputs of the project
- A comparative study of the situation in each of the six partner countries regarding the labor market and the different national structures for implementation of basic skills training in working life.
- Practical guidebook and identification of success criteria that are the most important to succeed with vocational training to low educated employees in companies.
- Train – the – trainer event for basic skills trainers on the most important topics related to basic skills.
- Practical pilot trainings in companies from Slovenia, Italy and Portugal.
- Summarising the “lessons learned” from the pilot projects.
- Final report with tools for HR professionals who are engaged in the challenge of basic skills training as part of vocational training and certification in companies.
The role of STEP Institute
We are heavily involved in all stages of the project as we are Slovenian representative. We were trainers in the train – the – trainer event in Porto and we implemented basic skills project in Slovenian company.