Duration: 1. 3. 2024 – 31. 8. 2025
The BLOOM project aims to promote the mental well-being of older adults and foster their social inclusion by using outdoor physical activities as a tool for neurocognitive stimulation and community engagement.
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge, research findings, and best practices between participating organizations related to the promotion of mental well-being, neurocognitive stimulation and social inclusion among older adults through outdoor physical activities;
- To create BLOOM Program integrating elements for promoting mental well-being, neurocognitive stimulation and social inclusion among older adults through outdoor physical activities;
- To enhance the mental well-being of older adults through participation in outdoor physical activities, using neurocognitive stimulation to develop cognitive functions such as memory, attention, problem-solving, and empowering them to manage stress, reduce anxiety, and improve their overall mental health and emotional resilience.
- To increase physical activity levels, encouraging and facilitating regular participation in outdoor physical activities to improve physical health, mobility, and overall quality of life among older adults.
- To reduce social isolation by creating opportunities for older adults to engage in social interactions with several generations and build meaningful connections with their peers, community members, and younger generations.
By the end of the project we will have the following main tangible results:
- Preliminary Research: knowledge, research findings, and best practices;
- BLOOM Program Guidelines;
- Website with key information about the project and topic.
We are partnering in the project with Associaqäo Animam Viventem, from Portugal.
The role of STEP Insitute
STEP will lead Activity 2 – Designing and Implementing BLOOM Program. Our responsibilities encompass a range of tasks:
- Leading the exchange of knowledge, research findings, and best practices between participating organizations and organizing an online sharing session between staff.
- Creating guidelines for the design of BLOOM Program and supervising its creation.
- Hosting the staff event “Transnational Working Team – Bringing knowledge together” and preparing for Pilot Implementation.
- Overseeing the Implementation of BLOOM activities at local level – both with 55+ and community events.
- Hosting BLOOM 55+ Transnational Exchange.