Duration: 1. 2. 2020 – 31. 1. 2022
Project reference: 2019-3-NO02-KA205-001541
The GO-CIRCULAR project proposal aims to be a follow-up of the Youth Re Working Rural project, a project aiming at fostering youth entrepreneurship and local development in rural areas through co-working and space reconversion. GO-CIRCULAR innovates and complements Youth Re-Working Rural, levering products and results achieved and enlarging its area of action. The project’s main objective is to promote employment and entrepreneurship in European rural areas, by empowering young people with the capabilities to create co-working & start-up incubators, exploiting potentialities offered by a circular economy, with concrete examples in three specific areas: furniture, agro-business & building/housing, as these economic sectors represent strategic fields for a European smart economic along with social development.
The project’s specific objectives are:
– to promote employment and entrepreneurship in European rural areas by increasing young people’s capabilities to reconvert empty spaces to host co-working & start-up incubators, exploiting the potentialities offered by a circular economy;
– to promote youth skills and competencies for the development of co-working spaces & start-up incubators focused on three specific areas: furniture, agro-business & building/housing;
– to equip young people with relevant circular economy skills, that are at a crossroad between citizenship competencies and entrepreneurial competencies;
– to foster youth capabilities to operate at a transnational level for developing joint concrete circular coworking projects.
The project will be implemented by a complementary partnership composed of 6 organisations from 4 different EU countries (Slovenia, Norway, Denmark, and Italy).
Outputs of the project
- Training program for co-working & start-up incubators managers in the era of the circular economy;
- Manual for business idea development & prototyping;
- European Qualification Framework of the co-working & start-up incubator manager in the era of the circular economy;
- Compendium of prototypes: including youth’ workplace business projects developed during learning activities.
The role of STEP Institute
We were responsible for the Manual for business idea development & prototyping. Overall STEP is contributing its expertise and network to all project outputs. We have an active role in dissemination activities and multiplication of the project results.