Duration: 1. 2. 2020 – 31. 1. 2022
Project reference: 2019-3-NO02-KA205-001541
GO-CIRCULAR project proposal means to be a follow-up of Youth Re Working Rural project, project aiming at fostering youth entrepreneurship and local development in rural areas through co-working and spaces reconversion. GO-CIRCULAR innovates and complement Youth Re-Working Rural, levering of products and results achieved and enlarging its area of action. Project’s main objective is to promote employment and entrepreneurship in European rural areas by empowering young people with the capabilities to create co-working & start-up incubators exploiting potentialities offered by circular economy, with concrete examples in three specific areas: furniture, agro-business & building/housing, as these economic sectors represent strategic fields for European smart economic and social development.
Project’s specific objectives are:
– to promote employment and entrepreneurship in European rural areas by increasing young people capabilities to reconvert empty spaces to host co-working & start-up incubators, exploiting potentialities offered by circular economy;
– to promote youth skills and competencies for the development of co-working spaces & start-up incubators focused on three specific areas: furniture, agro-business & building/housing;
– to equip young people with relevant circular economy skills, that are at a cross roads between citizenship competencies and entrepreneurial competences;
– to foster youth capabilities to operate at transnational level for developing joint concrete circular coworking projects.
The project will be implemented by a complementary partnership composed by 6 organisations from 4 different EU countries (Slovenia, Norway, Denmark and Italy).
Outputs of the project
- Training programme for co-working & start-up incubators managers in the era of circular economy;
- Manual for business idea development & prototyping;
- European Qualification Framework of the co-working & start-up incubator manager in the era of circular economy;
- Compendium of prototypes: including youth’ workplace business projects developed during learning activities.
The role of STEP Institute
We were responsible for Manual for business idea development & prototyping. Overall STEP is contributing with its expertise and network to all project outputs. We have an active role in dissemination activities and multiplication of the project results.